Friday, January 30, 2009

I Still Can't Sleep

I still can't sleep or sit still for more than a few minutes. I was awake until 7:30 this morning. I've had insomnia for as long as I can remember, but it only happens every once in awhile, and this feels different. I still feel that burning sense of purpose in my chest and I can't quiet myself down long enough to relax. I'm too excited about church and life and the vision that God has given me for me to rest. I know I need to sleep, but short of sleeping pills, I really don't know what I can do. Anyway, I'm not complaining! I like staying awake and getting stuff done. I'm reading twelve books at once right now and I'm stoked about what God is teaching me. I haven't been able to truly learn anything for awhile. I've been in school too long to learn. School isn't as much about learning as it is about paperwork and professor-pleasing. I believe that learning is a lifelong process and as a pastor, I need to be a constant student. Someone once said that you must teach from a running stream rather than a stagnant pool. I believe that you absolutely cannot teach what you do not learn. I need to constantly be learning something or I have nothing to offer anyone. Anyway, that's my thought for the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LLL= Life Long Learner. I'm thinking of tattooing that on my chest so I see it every morning when I get up. LOL